Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Review of The Draft



What can I say? I have been on Team Hall right from the beginning. Even though that "Oil Change" documentary made me think twice about my decision; because let's face it, Tyler Seguin is gonna be one hell of a player too (thank goodness he's in the eastern conference...) But back to Hall. I am extremely excited for this upcoming season, I have never been this excited for an Oilers season in fact. It's gonna be great folks, we got Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, and Magnus Paajarvi all coming in next year.

Let me also say I'm very happy with our draft selections this year, especially the Slovakian defenseman, Marincin, who we picked up in the 2nd round from the Riley Nash trade, he's going to be good, I'm telling you. Side note on Riley Nash, this trade had to be done, he should have been in the AHL by now but he wants to keep playing college hockey.

Also, the Oilers continued their yearly tradition of drafting a goalie, Tyler Bunz, and from what I've heard, that was a steal. On Tyler Pitlick, not a steal here folks, this was the only pick I was a little confused with due to the opportunity to draft John McFarland or shut down defenseman Alex Petrovic at the time. But hey, we will see.

Upcoming July 1st note: the Oilers MUST sign a hard-nosed veteran who can really play. Either a d-man or a center like Manny Malhotra.

ALSO: I cannot stress how much deadweight we need to lose, like our new "Tambellini's To-Do List" says.

-Written by Nick "Oilers Fan" Walker-

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back Nick.

    I was back and forth on the Tyler/Taylor debate. I think he's going to be a great Oiler for a long time.

    I knew they wanted a goalie but I know nothing about this guy. It looks like I'm going to have to reseasrch these picks out.

    A defenceman is a must. I would assume Tamby gets a NHL Dman back in the Souray trade. *Fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete

Keep it nice, keep it civil. GOILERS!


Two Guys & Hockey Talk NHL News (CLICK PIC FOR LINK)

The Faithful Followers

Oilers Jambalaya is in no way, shape or form associated with the Edmonton Oilers or the Bakersfield Condors. This is a fans blog for fans. We happen to love those teams, so we write about them.