Thursday, July 29, 2010

No More Edmonton Oilers PPV's?

Picture Stolen From SportsnetONE
On the radio yesterday, Mark Spector was talking about how Rogers Sportsnet is going to have SportsnetONE, a new channel that will have more NHL hockey games shown on it. He said the Canaucks will no longer have PPV games because this new channel bought those games to show for free. Mind you, you will have to pay the $2.99 a month to get this extra channel, but if you take into consideration that each PPV game is $14.95 to order, the $2.99 a month sounds cheap to me.

Let's hope that this wicked new channel does the same for the Oilers games too. I HATE PPV's!!! And I'm cheap. ;)

-Written by Smokin' Ray-

10 comments:

  1. "take into consideration that each PPV game is $14.95 to order, the $2.99 a month sounds cheap to me." especially when we had three PPV's in one month. I'll gladly take SportsnetONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Thanks for the comment Clay. I have my fingers crossed that this pans out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will...word is Sportsnet has talked to the Oilers about doing almost 60 games this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Anonymous. Your right. the possible 60 Sportsnet games plus the 14 from CBC and the 8 from TSN (not sure of the exact numbers) equals EVERY SINGLE Oilers game is televised. AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait so you mean I won't have to stream the games online, (wait I mean buy them from my television provider) anymore? Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Brandon ROFL! Nobody really does that, do they? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turns out that Brandon isn't just a reader. He's also a blogger. CHECK OUT THIS ---> http://thechurchofeberle.blogspot.com/ That's so bad ass Brandon. I like your blog. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Mother Of GOD! I would freaking love having no PPVs. I hate paying for games the Oilers don't show up for. At least this way I don't feel bad for shuting it off when they suck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, nobody does that it's illegal *cough,cough*. And thanks for the kind words about my blog, it's appreciated. You and the other writers here do a great job as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. $2.99 a month. It's about time you got some satisfaction.

    I'm "stuck" with Centre Ice. I'm not bellyaching too much, but $2.99 a month for you guys is long overdue.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it nice, keep it civil. GOILERS!


Two Guys & Hockey Talk NHL News (CLICK PIC FOR LINK)

The Faithful Followers

Oilers Jambalaya is in no way, shape or form associated with the Edmonton Oilers or the Bakersfield Condors. This is a fans blog for fans. We happen to love those teams, so we write about them.