Friday, August 27, 2010

I Have Been Shut Down! and Other Random Jambalaya Thoughts


Yes, I am moving to a new house and the internet will be shut off from today till Sunday. Then we are back. So please no crying that OilersJambalaya.com is going anywhere. We're not, I was kidding in the title.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANDOM JAMBALAYA

- So what does everyone think of the new OIL TERMINAL podcast? I loved it. I thought that Eric and Scott where really good at it and they seemed to work well together. It was quite enjoyable. I would like some arguing once in a while though. You guys can't always agree. ;) Maybe they need a splash of Smokin' Ray in there?

- When is Gagner going to get signed? WTF is the holdup? Maybe he DID receive some offers from other teams and he's just making the Oilers sweat it out? All I know is I want this kid signed ASAP.

- Notice how I didn't wonder about Cogs? Maybe I'm over him already? Isn't he traded yet?

- How awesome is that that the OKC Barons are coming to Calgary? February 17th the Barons will take on the Abbotsford Heat in Calgary. The Saddledome should be packed for that game. Maybe we will have a OilersJambalaya.com and OilFieldHockey.com meet up at the game?

- Speaking of the Barons, if you have never been there, you should check out okcbarons.com. They have pretty good website that is just waiting to get going once the season starts. The new season is just about ready to get started. GO BARONS GO!

- Finally, the AHL has realeased their schedules for this up coming season. Check it out here.

- I wish I would have listened to Jack Michaels when the Stockton Thunder was playing the Alaska Aces in the Kelly Cup playoffs. I, for obvious reasons, listened to Mike Benton (Stockton's media guy and the Play by Play guy) instead. Mike's been great to us here at OJ, but I am now wishing I checked out Michaels then.

- Also speaking of the Thunder. Check out StocktonThunder.com. Great site and great people running it.

- If you or someone you know is going to the Young Stars tournament, let us know. We want to hear your take on things.

SEE EVERYONE SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

-Written by Smokin' Ray-

1 comment:

Keep it nice, keep it civil. GOILERS!


Two Guys & Hockey Talk NHL News (CLICK PIC FOR LINK)

The Faithful Followers

Oilers Jambalaya is in no way, shape or form associated with the Edmonton Oilers or the Bakersfield Condors. This is a fans blog for fans. We happen to love those teams, so we write about them.