Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Andrew Cogliano, Almost A Jib Cutter?

 
After another solid game last night from Andrew Cogliano, I'm starting to regret all the smack that I have been sending his way as of late. He's proving me wrong, and that to me, is impressive. I like that.

It seems as the tougher it (the game) gets for Cogliano, the more he steps up and responds. He had struggled plenty early in the season and a lot of people, including myself, were mighty pissed at him for failing so miserably.

But, since he took the first puck in the mouth and responded with a good game, it all snowballed from there. He's been better and better. Basically since the Ranger game where his line was lit up like a Christmas tree, (Cogliano a personal -4 for that game) he has been really good overall in the last 7 games. So impressive that we/I can't ignore it anymore. He has 2 goals and 1 assist in the last 3 games and is looking like he may get more in the games to come.

Did suffering through the pucks to the face make him stronger? Did he gain more confidence everytime a player would elbow, face wash or rub him in the face? Did the Boarding call against Turris change his play or mindset?

Don't know these answers, but I think over the last while (and in the future), Cogliano has been answering all these for us.

I'm starting to like the cut of his jib.

-Written by Smokin' Ray-

2 comments:

  1. Actually I think the reason Cogs is doing better is because Brule stepped up to the the level of play that cogs was putting out. Cogs has worked well all season in my mind just hasnt been rewarded. But he can't do it by himself he needs someone to compliment his effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the penner effect, nuff said.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it nice, keep it civil. GOILERS!


Two Guys & Hockey Talk NHL News (CLICK PIC FOR LINK)

The Faithful Followers

Oilers Jambalaya is in no way, shape or form associated with the Edmonton Oilers or the Bakersfield Condors. This is a fans blog for fans. We happen to love those teams, so we write about them.