Friday, November 25, 2011

Game Day "Wild"

Time to pull out the jersey's, throw them on, order your pizza and open up a cold one. Today the Edmonton Oilers take on their dreaded rivals, the Wild in a afternoon affair.

Got to say, I like the idea of a early game when it is played on a Friday as it leaves you with lots of time to still go out and do what you want for the night, in the meantime it also allows the Oilers to head over a few states to get a little bit of rest before their game against the Avalance on Saturday.

Can't tell you why, but I believe this will be a game that is not a 2-1 win for either team. Call it a hunch or whatever, but the law of odds says that eventually there will be some higher scoring games when the Wild are involved. After listening to some comments from the players and from the coaching staff, I think the boys are going to be mentally prepared, so if there is any noticeable mistakes being made, it will likely call from the back end more then the forwards.


If the Oilers play a patient game, they can capitalize more on the PP. It's important that the forwards don't try to play lone ranger tonight and try to over handle the puck on their own and also stay away from trying too many long outlet passes that end up in bad giveaways in the neutral zone.

Should be a fun afternoon for Oiler fans everywhere. Let's all enjoy every moment we can and take in that beautiful aroma called 'winning'. Don't fail me now Oil! Go Oilers!

My predictions for today's game in Minnesota
Gametime 2:00pm CHED630am/Sportsnet-West

REV'S Edmonton Oiler
Gameday Predictions Nov 25th/11
1. I can see the Oilers good fortune continuing today on the PP. The Oilers will score on the PP today.
2. As much as I would like to predict the Oilers Lose this game (only so they can prove me wrong  again and win) I can not swallow saying that on this post. The Oilers will win. Why? Because they are getting hungrier for wins and want to end this dreaded streak the media and fans talk about. Not to mention, any team hates losing to the same team over and over. They have a agenda...win!
3. A RYAN will score a goal tonight. I know, what a dumb prediction, we have a few Ryan's. But I did say a goal, not a point. Ryan Whitney, Ryan Smyth, Ryan Jones or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins don't let me down. What I really want is for a few Ryan's to score.
4. Nugent-Hopkins continues his point scoring streak tonight (He saw TSN has Read ahead of him to win the Calder race and is dying to prove them naysayers all wrong, just as he did when not selected to play for the world Jr team last year)
5. Everytime I think I have figured out how many mins Teubert will get to play, Renney goes and plays him opposite. I pick low, he plays high, I pick high, he plays low. Today I am going to say Teubert should be playing 13+ minutes of total ice time.

(EV'S PREDICTIONS TO DATE: 44 for 85=51.7%)
It will be interesting to see if the boys play the patient game of hockey Renney has been saying in practice is the plan. If they do, this could be a big win for me in my prediction counter.

As the great Ed Whalen used to say "In the meantime and in between time, that's it, for another edition of...REV'S PREDICTION" (bolded words are not Whalen's words)
For Oiler and Baron news and 2012/13 NHL draft watch www.twitter.com/revingev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it nice, keep it civil. GOILERS!


Two Guys & Hockey Talk NHL News (CLICK PIC FOR LINK)

The Faithful Followers

Oilers Jambalaya is in no way, shape or form associated with the Edmonton Oilers or the Bakersfield Condors. This is a fans blog for fans. We happen to love those teams, so we write about them.